Holy shit. Did I just see a piece of art on the #sexism tag that actually promotes actual equality?
This poster is available here
GENDER EQUALITY FROM BOTH SIDES FOR ONCE.
This poster hung in every room of my high school.
#you see this owl right there? #that’s hedwig fucking potter #she is only the biggest bamf in the entire world #i mean even in this gif#that thing is moving beneath her and you know i would fall off that shit but not hedwig #she’s all pip pip cheerio i’m a bamf and moves with that fucker #and she’s been through fucking everything #she’s gotten beat up by a tree within a car#she’s flown all over the country to deliver letters for her angsty teenage owner#and then she died saving said angsty teenage owner #she was a fucking legend and i will never forget the story of hedwig the owl
IF YOU CANT HANDLE ME AT MY WORST i dont blame u neither can i
there’s something charming, sometimes, about a bed that sits on the floor. i don’t know why, and i certainly don’t think that it’s inherently telling. but it often gives the impression that maybe a person doesn’t have their shit completely together. i like that.
- Les Miserables:
- Stealing a loaf of bread may seem like a good idea, but it will literally fuck up your entire life.
- Spring Awakening:
- If you get laid, you die. If you don't get laid, you die. Also don't trust your parents.
- It's ok to murder people as long as you wear lingerie and can sing and dance.
- The King and I:
- Racism doesn't count if you sing about it.
- My Fair Lady: People will like you if you talk like you have a broom stick up your ass.
- Hairspray: In the 60s, people will hate you if you're overweight, UNLESS you also hang out with black people.
- AIDS really blows.
- A Chorus Line:
- If you ever audition for a musical chorus, you better have a goddamn good story as to why you became a dancer.
- If your boyfriend doesn't like you, change absolutely everything about yourself to please him.
- The Phantom of the Opera:
- When choosing between a controlling boyfriend and a sociopath composer with a messed up face who dwells in an opera house's basement, take your sweet damn time.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show:
- Finding refuge from a storm in a mansion who's owner is a transvestite will make you inexplicably horny, and seemingly bisexual.
…But sticking your fingers down your throat and coughing and then going OH MY GOD EW is not bulimia. Fasting for a day and then “fainting” in the hallway is not anorexia. And “getting so desperate I seriously considered anorexia or bulimia” isn’t an eating disorder.
Bulimia is a speeding train with no brakes, bingeing and purging and bingeing and purging no matter how broke you are or how disgusting the food is or what you should be doing. It’s gorging until you can barely stand, puking until you bleed, and the city could burn to the ground and when it was over you’d still be standing in the ashes, bingeing and purging.
Anorexia is a wall of blue-gray ice, a miswired translation code that turns appetite into disgust, a terror you don’t understand, a fear so real you can see it and hear it and kiss it goodnight, an illogical logic that rewrites everything and you know you need to eat and maybe you even really want to eat but you just can’t because if you did everything would fall apart.
Desperation is digging through the garbage for nothing-something-anything to stuff in your face because you have to binge and purge right now. Desperation is standing frozen in the aisle of the grocery store for minutes/hours/years, and then buying the same calorie-free crap you always buy because you can’t eat it if it’s not safe. Desperation is swallowing laxatives like normal people swallow candy, just because you have to be empty….